September 26th, 2012
VOTE ON MOTION 312 DEFEATED - BUT A VICTORY NEVER-THE-LESS
Motion 312 has succeeded in bringing the incredibly important issue of abortion back into the mainstream, and it has educated countless Canadians on how unjust Canadian law is in this matter. This web-page alone has received over 72, 922 hits, and signatures on our on-line poll in support of Stephen Woodworth's Motion 312 continue to climb.
91 Members of Parliament stood up in support of Motion 312. 203 stood against it. In a press release from Stephen Woodworth he said:
"I will be there to encourage and to speak out in defence of the Canadian values championed by Motion 312. If possible, I’ll travel the country to talk about the very, very grave importance of enshrining in Canadian law the equal worth and dignity of every human being”.
Woodworth called on Canadians to redouble their efforts to promote the view that democratic institutions, honest laws and every human being are more important than preoccupation with abortion or any other agenda or ideology.
What you can do now that the vote is over:
1. Find out how your MP voted here.
2. If your MP voted in favour of Motion 312, write to thank them.
3. If your MP voted against the Motion, respectfully ask them how they can justify supporting a law in the Criminal Code that says that a "child" becomes a human being only when he or she "has completely proceeded, in a living state, from the body of its mother.”
To write to your Member of Parliament, you can use ARPA's Easy Mailer by clicking here.
4. Continue to promote this page and sign the on-line petition in support of Stephen Woodworth.
5. You can also go to Letters 4 Life for more ideas, campaign postcards and on-line letters.